Who may apply?
Third State citizens involved in an investment activity, either individually or through a company, conducting, at least, one of the following operations in national territory for a minimum period of five years:
Capital transfer with a value equal to or above 1 million euros
Creation of at least 10 job positions
Acquisition of real estate with a value equal to or above 500 thousand Euros.
Requirements on the Investment Activity
- Performing an investment activity for a minimum period of five years attested by a bona fide declaration signed by the applicant.
- Applicants must not have been convicted of a crime punishable by Portuguese law with deprivation of liberty exceeding one year
- Applicants must not be subject of an entry ban in national territory following a removal order from the country
- Applicants must not be subject of alerts in the Schengen Information System
- Applicants must not be subject of alerts in SEF’s Integrated Information System issued for purposes of non-admission
The holders of Golden Residence Permit for Investment Activity may apply for family reunification under the provisions of the General Law. It may be necessary to show that they have met the following minimum stay periods:
- 7 days, consecutive or not, in the 1st year
- 14 days, consecutive or not, in subsequent two year periods
- Provide evidence of having invested the minimum amount required, including stocks or shares of companies
- Declaration of a financial institution authorised to exercise its activity in Portugal certifying: the effective transfer of capital in the amount of not less than € 1million, to an account demonstrating the investor is the sole or first holder of capital; or, the acquisition of stocks or shares of companies, and
- An up-to-date certificate issued by the Commercial Register, certifying that the applicant holds a share in the capital of a company.
- Provide evidence of having created 10 job positions and having registered the employees in the Social Security.
- An up-to-date certificate issued by the Social Security
- Provide evidence of having the ownership of real estate property.
- Public deed or promissory share-purchase agreement of the property with a declaration of a financial institution authorised to exercise its activity in Portugal stating the effective transfer of capital to its acquisition or to execute as a down payment of the promise to purchase in equal or superior value of 500 thousand Euros, and
- An up-to-date certificate issued by the Real Estate Registry, which must always include, in the case of contract-promise and where legally feasible, the respective register.